NeuroMaheshwari Houston, TX, USA
The Maheshwari Lab is looking for an enthusiastic post-doctoral associate to join the lab. We study mouse models of epilepsy, trying to understand the basis for pharmacoresistance and the overlap between epilepsy and comorbidities such as ADHD. Techniques used in the lab include implantation of EEG electrodes, immunohistochemistry, confocal imaging, advanced computational analysis of EEG, video-EEG monitoring, and behavioral testing for sustained attention.Responsibilities:
- Advanced computational EEG analysis.
- Manipulation of large datasets of EEG data.
- Utilization of MATLAB including GUIs such as Brainstorm, EEGLab, and/or custom-written MATLAB code.
- Evaluation of behavioral data in relation to EEG metrics.
- Supervision of laboratory technicians.
- Manuscript preparation.
MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
1.Maheshwari, A. (2020). Rodent EEG: Expanding the Spectrum of Analysis. Epilepsy Currents. doi: 10.1177/1535759720921377. PMID: 32354231
2. Maheshwari A., Akbar A, Wang M, Marks R, Yu K, Park S, Foster BL, Noebels JL (2017). Persistent aberrant cortical phase-amplitude coupling following seizure treatment in absence epilepsy models. J Physiology. doi:10.1113/JP274696.
3. Maheshwari, A., Marks, R., Yu, K., Noebels, J.L. (2016). Shift in interictal relative gamma power as a novel biomarker for drug response in two mouse models of absence epilepsy. Epilepsia. 57(1):78-88