GotTcells New Orleans
Postdoctoral Fellow to study the immunology of the fungal pathogen Pneumocystis in the lab of Jay Kolls at Tulane University.
The Center for Translational Research in Infection and Inflammation (CTRII) located within Deming Department of Medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking a hard-working and highly inquisitive postdoctoral researcher to join our team. The successful candidate will participate in laboratory research activities studying regulation of mucosal immunity by IL-21R within the lab of Dr. Kolls. Projects include characterization of IL21R conditional KO mice and using single cell RNAseq to probe lung immunity.
Candidates will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing experimental protocols, data analysis and interpretation, and working with mouse models of disease. As a postdoctoral research in the CTRII, candidates will develop several skills in immunobiology techniques and gain experience in writing and presentation of scientific research. Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities/competencies desired include:
• Basic knowledge of immunology
• Rodent handling experience
• Maintenance of tissue/cell cultures for in vitro studies
• Protein, DNA, and RNA isolation from human and animal samples
• Real time RT-PCR, PCR, ELISA, ELISpot, Immunoblot, and molecular cloning
• Flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence techniques
• Experience writing protocols for animal studies (IACUC)
Successful applicants will have a PhD or MD/PhD in Immunology, Biology, or related field.
Link to Application (if using external Application Portal): apply.interfolio.com/97178