Northwestern University (Chicago, IL, USA)
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is seeking a self-motivated and collaborative postdoctoral scientist to carry out transformative research in the laboratory of Dr. Shannon Lauberth. You will join a team of researchers that is making advances in basic and translational studies in the cancer epigenetics field. The laboratory is located in the Simpson Querrey Biomedical Research Center on Northwestern’s campus in downtown Chicago.
The primary focus of this position is to study clinically distinct alterations in the cancer cell transcriptome and epigenome and how these changes impact patient response and resistance to cancer therapies. The successful candidate will perform global profiling analyses of noncoding RNAs, histone modifications, transcription factor binding, and gene expression changes using RNA-Seq, PRO-Seq, and ChIP-Seq analyses. This individual will also be responsible for performing functional studies by implementing biochemical (EMSA, Co-IP, UV-RIP, recombinant protein expression and purification) and/or molecular (ChIP, IF, siRNA/shRNA, CRISPR, qRT-PCR) assays. Expertise in bioinformatic analysis is preferred.
The ideal applicant should have a doctoral degree (PhD or MD/PhD) and experience in cancer biology and cancer genetics/epigenetics and transcriptomics is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals. Interested applicants should send the following: (i) a cover letter containing a brief summary of their prior work, research interests, and career plans, (ii) curriculum vitae, and (iii) the names and contact information for three professional references to Shannon Lauberth, PhD at email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
• Plans and directs experiments
• Identifies original research projects, experiments, and research directions
• Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to accomplish research objectives.
• Independently prepares abstracts, research reports, and manuscripts for publication
• Participates in grant preparation and submissions
• May supervise graduate students and research technologists
• Maintains a safe laboratory environment and ensures compliance with governmental and University policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Performs other job-related assignments as assigned.